Home Affairs Suck!

I got to the Home Affairs Department at 7:30am this morning (when they officially open) to collect Megan's unabridged birth certificate.

I was happy to find out that I was first in the queque at the Collections Counter and the woman behind the counter with her elaborate extensions, fake nails and eye-lashes took my receipt slip to find the certificate.  She plugged my reference number into the computer and disappeared. 

The other people that queued behind me were getting served and promptly receiving their new passports and ID documents and I was left standing there.  My feet aching and the stench of body odour was sickening.

After twenty minutes, I asked what was happening and she said "the preenter, she's not wekking, we aah weiting for the techneeshen to come".  I was gob-smacked!  I asked if they only had one printer in the entire Alberton Home Affairs Department to print these things.

She nodded at me.  I then asked her when the Technician would arrive and she shrugged her shoulders : "Not shor".  Did she actually expect me to wait until a Technician arrived to fixed their antiquated sole dot-matrix printer?  Nort!

I asked her for my receipt back so I could come back another day when their printer would be working otherwise I would've probably still been waiting there...
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive