Read it....Or Not!

I started this blog nearly three years ago.

I began blogging to share my photos with overseas family and to keep them up to date with our lives, where we’d been and what we were up to.  It was a great way to share without being on the phone or email for long amounts of time.  My Boerewors’ brother was overseas and greatly appreciated the regular updates, all my family in Scotland could go log on and see pictures of how the girls were growing and the fun stuff we’d done together and the interesting places we’d visited. 

This journey of blogging has been an awesome experience and is forever changing.

Not only have I enjoyed posting but writing it has become quite a therapy for me.  I have enjoyed the creativity of moulding my wee blog.  And in all honestly, it has been through my blog that I have found my love for expressing myself.  It may not always been grammatically correct and my spelling can often be atrocious.  I guess my brain thinks too fast for my fingers and I want to get “it down” before it escapes my head.

Writing and posting on my blog for all the world to see is liberating and sometimes scary.  Scary because you never know who you are going to attract or offend.  I’ve come to the conclusion that if you don’t like it – don’t read it.  Since this is been all about what tickles me and what I find interesting and funny.  And, who knows, I may entertain a few people along the way. 

It has been doing this that I have found who I really am, what I really love doing, what is important to me and how I want to strive to hold on to those things. 

I realise now why I’m continuing to blog. 

Not only have I “met” some fabulous and interesting people along the way, but I have become open to finding out what makes other people passionate.  In turn, it has revealed things about my that I never knew and didn’t explore.

I may divulge too much information sometimes, I may swear far too much, I expose details and open my mouth and let my lips flap.  That’s me.  I’m a blabbermouth and sometimes I don’t know when to shut up.  I unlock my jaw and out it comes!

Read it – or don’t. I will continue flapping my lips and letting my voice be heard because in the nearly three years I have been blogging, I've never once wondered "what on earth shall I post today".

That’s the way I roll.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive