Freaky Friday - Episode Nine

As long as I can remember I've been reading the Guiness Book of World Records.

My dad was a collector of The Guiness Book of World Records annual editions and my mum was never stumped as to what to buy him for Christmas every year. When I was really little I loved carefully paging through the large hard cover book looking at the pictures and the freaks of course.  Later on, when I could read, I studied all about the photos I practically memoried and it opened up a whole new Freaky World.

So, now as an adult (kinda), I have carried on the tradition and still buy The Guiness Book of World Records for myself.

Therefore I am a atop with useless information...and my own wee freak at dinner parties.  I have yet to purchased my blue shiney 2010 edition.  They cost a small fortune in SA these days.





Lee Redmond (USA), who has not cut her nails since 1979, has grown and carefully manicured them to reach a total length of 8.65 m (28 ft 4.5 in) as measured on the set of Lo show dei record in Madrid, Spain, on 23 February 2008.  Her longest nail is the right thumb: 90 cm (2 ft 11 in). 

Now you may say, whats to freaky about that, right?  Can you imagine doing the simplest of tasks with those claws?  Wipin' yer arse after a no. 2?  or trying to tie or your buttons or lace your shoes?  hmmmm rather limiting when it comes to DIY if you KWIM?




You try and eat a 12" pizza in under two minutes!

The fastest time to eat a 12" pizza is 1 min 45.37 sec and was set by Josh Anderson (New Zealand) in an event organised by Scopa Ltd in Wellington, New Zealand, on 22 March 2008.



Here is the worlds oldest stripper!  Why would anyone wanna see this bloke nekkid is beyond me but thats the beauty of The Guiness Book of World Records.  There are all sorts of freaks in this world...

Bernie Barker born July 31, 1940 in the US of A of course is a regular performer at Club LeBare, Miami Beach, Florida, USA and  began his career in 2000 at the age of 60 as a way to get in shape after recovering from prostate cancer.  He worked as a stripper until he passed away in March 2007. During his stripping career he won over 30 contests.


Geezo, I am still kicking myself to this day that I missed his show.



This cute pooch holds the world record for the most tennis balls held in his mouth by a dog at one time.  Augie, a golden retriever owned by the Miller family in Dallas, Texas, USA, successfully gathered and held all five regulation-sized tennis balls in his mouth on July 6, 2003.

Altogether now.....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww


Most prolific mother ever.  You thought Kate Gosselin was a SuperMom?

The greatest officially recorded number of children born to one mother is 69, to the wife of Feodor Vassilyev (b. 1707–c.1782), a peasant from Shuya, Russia. In 27 confinements she gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets and four sets of quadruplets. 
 
Guitar Hero World Record Freak (I love playing this song on Legends of Rock)
 



The record for the most sheep shorn manually with scissors or handblade in 8 hours is 50 by János Marton of Hungary.

Marton completed his challenge, without any breaks, on April 26, 2003 at Hódmezovásárhely Animal Husbandry Show, Hódmezovásárhely, Hungary.

I'll bet this guy could be hired to carve your pumpkin at Halloween.

Give him a call at 0800-i-don't-just-sheer-sheep.

That's all folks.

Over and out.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive