T.G.I.F!!!! New songs to jam to this weekend!

T.G.I.F!!!! New songs to jam to this weekend!
Happy Friday everyone! To celebrate, I’ve posted some bangin’ new tracks for your weekend listening pleasure! (to download songs, right click and save as)
T.G.I.F!!!! New songs to jam to this weekend!
Let me start by saying how excited I am to see Alan Palomo’s Austin/Denton/Brooklyn-based band, Neon Indian, earn the tremendous amount of critical acclaim it has received over the past few months for its late 2k9 album, Psychic Chasms. Admittedly, I am slightly biased being a Texan who tends to cream himself over any Texas-based band who receives the slightest bit of national recognition. But regardless of state affiliation, Neon Indian is a band that makes legitimately captivating music, and puts on an impressive live show to back it up. Some fun remixes of Neon’s songs have been posted over the past few days, including Summer Dregs’ chilled out version of “Mind, Drips” and “Afghan Raiders’ dub step rendition of “Deadbeat Summer”.
T.G.I.F!!!! New songs to jam to this weekend!
Next is a remix done by your other favorite band, Passion Pit (EVER HEARD OF SLEEPYHEAD!?). Here they remix a song by Twin Door Cinema Club, whose debut album Tourist History, comes out 3/1 2k10 in the UK. Passion Pit have no doubt left there mark on “Undercover Martin” via the blip-y synth lines and fat beats:
T.G.I.F!!!! New songs to jam to this weekend!
I’m extra excited about New York up and coming indie poppers, Freelance Whales. Their sound strikes me as something of a Sufjan/Arcade Fire hybrid due to their employment of banjo, bells, and group vocals to construct sprawling, yet intimate arrangements. Weathervanes is out 4/16 on Frenchkiss; hopefully these two will be on it:
T.G.I.F!!!! New songs to jam to this weekend!
And last but not least, Thom Yorke AKA Mr. Radiohead AKA Mr. Global Warming Activist, debuted three new tunes during his acoustic set at the Green Party benefit in Cambridge last night.

“The Daily Mail”:


“Mouse Dog Bird”:


“Give Up The Ghost”:


Thom has recently changed his new solo band’s name from “Thom York ????” to “Atoms for Peace”, which is the name of a song from his great 2k6 album, The Eraser. The band will be playing at Coachella in April, and this guy is in it:
T.G.I.F!!!! New songs to jam to this weekend!
Well that’s it for this edition of T.G.I.F, enjoy your Friday/Weekend! Until next time.

-PSTHPSTR

P.S WOOPS! i messed up. Vampire Weekend is playing SNL next Saturday, March 6th.

P.S.S Don’t forget to D.A.N.C.E!


more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive