Ding-a-ling! All Ready for Grade One!

So, off we went to the shops this morning to spend a small fortune on school uniforms for Megan who starts Grade 1 in Primary School in the New Year. 

Everything that we tried on initially fell off because Megan is so small.  We had to specially order some of the items and it looks like we may need to put a hem in her skirts (otherwise she looks a little bit like a nerdy nun).

I can't have my soopa kewl tomboy girl attending school looking unhip and anything but neat and trendy. 

We're off to get the haircut tomorrow because mum decided to do a "home job" last week and made a complete hash of it.  Poor Megan!  I'm such a daft mum!

Here's what we got :


  • Three red school shirts
  • Three grey school skirts
  • Five Pairs of white ankle socks
  • Two red school jumpers (with the school badge)
  • One pair of black leather shoes
  • One pair of white takkies for athletics
  • One pair of black gym shorts
  • Two pairs of cycling shorts (for underneath the skirt)
  • 10 pairs of knickers
  • One red anorak (for those rainy days)
  • One black wheelie school bag with compartments.

I still need to find out if she needs the blazer or not as this stage.

Tomorrow we need to go and buy stationery and that list is as long as my arm.  Actually my arms are pretty stubby so its probably as long as my leg...wait....erm...as long as ....I can't think of anything...Wait! as long as Long Dong Silver's Member.

Stay Tuned for Stationery Shopping and Hair cuts...oh the anticipation and excitement! 

more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive