Nicola Roberts 'so nervous' about her debut solo material

Nicola Roberts 'so nervous' about her debut solo material
The Girls Aloud star ' who releases her debut single 'Beat of My Drum' in June followed by her album 'Cinderella Eyes' in the autumn ' is pleased to be unveiling her music, but is suffering from "butterflies" about it.

Writing on her website nicolarobertsmusic.com, she said: "I feel so excited and nervous all at the same time. Everytime I think about what I'm about to do I get the biggest butterflies...

"For over a year, I've been in the studio writing my own songs and working towards making my own record. The time has come where I have to come out of my safe bubble that is the studio and share my music with you... butterflies just got worse... (sic)"

The album, which features lyrics about coming to London and being hounded by the press for looking miserable and drinking vodka, is something she has "wanted to write for a long time".

She added: "It was important that my record was personal to me. I wanted to be able to look back on the album and know that I have honestly put 100 per cent of myself into it. I've written songs and stories that I have wanted to write for a long time. I really hope that you're able to relate to my music, because that really is what it's all about..(sic)"

Nicola is the third member of Girls Aloud to release solo music.

Cheryl Cole has created two albums, on which she worked with Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am, while Nadine Coyle's debut effort 'Insatiable' failed to set charts alight.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive