Christina Applegate Cover Story in Los Angeles Confidential Magazine

Christina Applegate

Christina Applegate is currently featured in the December 2008 issue of L.A. Confidential Magazine. She opens up about many aspects of her life, most importantly her battle with Cancer.

LAC: You’ve been so brave and open about dealing with breast cancer, and already you’ve helped so many people. But has it been difficult for you? Have you wished you had more privacy with it?

CA: Well, there are two sides to it. One side is that this came into my life for whatever reason, but I can use it as an opportunity to help people. That’s the blessing in it and that’s the best part. It gave me a lot of fire. But it’s hard to talk about it in front of the world. I am a very, very, very private person, and I don’t talk about what hurts me, what pains me. I don’t talk about the tragedies in my life. I find that if you’re in the public eye you have to preserve yourself or you’ll lose all sense of yourself. But if I didn’t say, “Hey, this sucks and this hurts,” I’m not allowing other women to just relax into it. We sometimes feel like we have to be these warriors, and as the patients we end up being the caretakers for the people around us a lot of the time. One of the survivors I met through all this said, “If you can’t admit that this sucks, I can’t even talk to you, because the truth of the matter is: Some of this sucks.” But it’s also something we can get over, take control of, and move on from.

For the full article at LA Confidential Magazine

Christina Applegate - Los Angeles Confidential Magazine December 2008
Christina Applegate Pictures Christina Applegate Pictures Christina Applegate Pictures
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive